2012 Outlook For Gold – Positive Fundamentals Remain And Crucial Diversification
• Introduction – Gold in 2011
• Money Creating Central Banks May Push Gold to New Nominal Record in 2012
• Central Banks Will Continue To Be Net Buyers of Gold
• China Foreign Exchange Diversification Should Support Demand
• PIIGS Lesson: Iceland Shows How Gold Protects From FX Crises
• Currency Wars and Competitive Currency Devaluations
• Falling Confidence in Paper Assets, Bank Deposits May Prompt Physical Deliveries
• Gold Remains A Historically and Academically Proven Safe Haven
• Conclusion – Gold in 2012
With just a few trading days left in 2011, we can take stock of gold’s performance vis-à-vis other assets.
Gold is 13.7% higher in USD, 12% higher in GBP and 14.4% higher in EUR. Gains were seen in all fiat currencies and even stronger performing fiat currencies such as the CNY (yuan) and JPY (+9% and +8.75% respectively).
Read more here..